An application for a UK Business Bank account is not accepted unless the applicant resides in the UK.
Therefore, to apply for a bank account in the UK, you must be a UK resident or you must acquire UK residence.
But a non-UK resident, a person who lives outside of the UK, can easily open a bank account with the following steps.
- The following documents are required to open a UK Business Bank account:
ID Proof: A valid passport or national ID card.
Address Proof: Recent utility bill, tax bill, legal driving license, or a credit card or bank statement.
- You will need to hire a Nominee Director for your company from the UK. It will enable the possibility to get a Bank account for your UK Company.
Recommended UK Banks for business accounts:
It is easier to open bank accounts in UK high street banks such as Barclays, HSBC & Lloyds, etc. You need to hire a director in your company who can visit the branch for documentation and meetings.
You can also contact their customer support at the time of opening a bank account in the UK. This way, you can get more information and ask any questions you may have.
You can sign up to create an international bank account in one of the three major currencies: euro, dollar, and pound sterling.
It provides features like:
- International online banking,
- telephone banking, and
- Barclays Mobile Banking app.
To open a Barclays bank account:
- You must be 18 years old or above, and
- You must maintain a minimum balance of £25,000 (or equivalent currency) in your account.
- This bank does not charge any monthly fee,
- 24/7 customer support,
- You can withdraw £500 daily from ATM, and
- Manage eligible HSBC accounts worldwide through one simple login.
To open an HSBC bank account, you must provide:
- Proof of identity (i.e. your passport) and
- Address proof (where applicable).
- You can open a bank account in one of the three major currencies: dollar, pound sterling, and euro.
- It does not charge any fee for sending or receiving funds.
It also comes with Internet Banking and PhoneBank and enables you 24/7 access to your funds.