If you are planning to start an e-commerce business to sell your products or services, you can use an online platform like Shopify to create and manage your store easily.
Steps that must be followed are:
- Create a Shopify account and take advantage of any promotional offers, such as a 14-day free trial to try out the platform.
- Create a business name and logo by using the Shopify software.
- Get your custom web address by creating an online store using the available templates, designs and stock pictures. You can skip this step if you already have a website and hosting.
- Upload ready-to-sell products to your store.
- Promote your store on online platforms such as social media, and in-person to your friends and family.
- To handle sales, use Shopify Payments or a third-party provider of your choice.
- A few days after a sale, your earnings are automatically transferred to your linked local bank account.
What to sell on Shopify?
Shopify offers website hosting as well as a variety of store templates that may be used to fit any physical or digital product or service. Here are a few suggestions:
- Do you have a passion for fashion? Start selling your clothes online.
- Are you a creative person? Why not offer modern calligraphy, greeting cards, or prints online?
Managing your inventory
Shopify can manage your online inventory because it has inventory tracking features.
You can track and update inventory, export or import inventory details with a CSV file, and hide out-of-stock products from the Inventory section of your Shopify account. You can also track incoming orders and inventories from your suppliers to manage your purchase orders.
Shopify dropshipping UK
Although Shopify can help you manage your online inventory, it is still required to handle the actual order, including storage, packaging, and delivery. This may be tough for a new business because of the potential up-front cost involved.